A very easy Banana Pancake Recipe
At the start of the year, Craig decided to go fully dairy free, after being lactose intolerant for a number of years. This has meant that this whole year I have been searching for some great dairy free alternative recipes. Often, it is a case of replacing the dairy element with its dairy free equivalent (of which there is actually many more than I thought there would be). However, when cooking for many people it is good to have an alternative that everyone is happy to eat.
This is where this recipe comes in: 3 ingredients and very quick and easy. Plus, as a student I am always looking for recipes for 1 and this can easily be made for 1 person or multiplied for 10.
Recipe for one
1 ripe banana
5 tbsps oats
4 blueberries per pancake (optional)
- Put the banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the oats and egg and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a hot, lightly oiled pan. It will make small pancakes, so I can usually fit multiple in the pan at one time.
- If you wish to add anything to the pancakes do it at this point, I usually add around 4 blueberries per pancake at this point.
- When the pancake start to bubble on the top, but is firm enough to get a spatula under, it is time to flip them. They are harder to flip than normal pancakes so be aware they may fall apart a little.
- Serve with your favourite toppings, my personal favourite are honey & cinnamon, or a dollop of nutella!
Let me know of any other dairy free treats you think we may like to try, I am always on the lookout for more.