Banana bread recipe
Banana bread is one of my favourite things to make, it is great if you have some bananas that are too far gone and you don’t want to eat them any longer. Plus, it is delicious, especially when you add some chocolate chips, just as I do here!
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs
140 self-raising flour
2 ripe bananas
100g milk chocolate (I prefer using a bar to chips as the pieces are larger, but it is up to you!)
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Start by mashing the banana’s in a bowl.
- Chop the chocolate into little pieces.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a different bowl.
- Slowly add the eggs. Fold in the flour, baking powder and bananas.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake for about 45 minutes. Cook until the skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for a while before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling. Alternatively eat it a little warm.
- Slice into pieces, serve warm or cold. For extra indulgence cover your slice in Nutella!
Like I say, this is one of my favourite recipes to create, it is so tasty and easy too! The cooking can take a little longer than you think!
Let me know if you try it, or have any recipes that you love that are simple!