My Favourite Flapjack Recipe
Flapjack is without doubt one of my favourite things to eat, besides probably only cookies. I often choose it when I am eating in a coffee shop or elsewhere. However, I have never found one I like more than the recipe my Mum has taught me to use. It is the right balance between being squidgy but not too syrupy.
- 280g plain flour
- 225g rolled oats
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g butter
- 110g golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C or gas mark 4.
- Gently heat the butter and syrup in a pan, until melted together.
- Mix the dry ingredients; flour, oats, sugar and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- Add the butter and syrup mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave to cool and cut into 16 pieces.
You can leave it plain, this is one of my favourite ways to eat it. Or you can actually include so many different types of things from dried fruit to chocolate chips, or even just melt chocolate to smother over the top. Whatever you decide I can guarantee it will be delicious.